Boulevard reviews the latest media coverage of the Oscar-winning Louisville native in our exclusive Jennifer Lawrence Diary™. Today’s news, rated on a scale of 1-5 stars:
It was a story that was very hard to miss. Just look at all these headlines:
- Celebuzz, Aug. 4: Here’s where Jennifer Lawrence lived before she was famous.
- Trulia, Aug. 4: Jennifer Lawrence sells her Santa Monica starter home.
- Elle Magazine Australia, Aug. 7: Peek inside Jennifer Lawrence’s starter L.A. home.
- Movie News Guide, Aug. 12: Jennifer Lawrence sells ‘before stardom’ house in California for mere $1.5 million.
- Variety, Aug. 18: Jennifer Lawrence Dumps Santa Monica starter condo.
- Realtor.com, Aug. 23: Actress Jennifer Lawrence sells her starter condo in Santa Monica.
- Daily Mail, Aug. 24: Jennifer Lawrence sells home for $1.15M after topping list of highest-paid actresses once again.
- Celebuzz (again), Aug. 25: Jennifer Lawrence sold her starter home for $1.15 million.
- Mirror (again), Aug. 25: Inside Jennifer Lawrence’s STUNNING California home as she sells up for a cool $1.15 million.
- Luxury Listings, Aug. 26: Jennifer Lawrence sells Santa Monica starter home.
- Curbed Los Angeles, Tuesday: Jennifer Lawrence ditches her modest Santa Monica condo.
And, of course, right here on Boulevard on Aug. 8, there was this one: Louisville’s favorite daughter says goodbye to her first, pre super-stardom California home.
Well, guess again
To paraphrase Emily Litella, every one of those stories was f-ing wrong! The sellers were actually Lawrence’s parents, Karen and Gary, according to a Los Angeles Times story today, which cited a grant deed and multiple assessment records.
The Lawrences bought the two-bedroom townhouse in 2006, when the family moved a 16-year-old Lawrence from to L.A. from Louisville so she could pursue her acting career, the Times says.
But this much is apparently true: Last month, her parents paid $2.75 million for another townhouse, also in the Santa Monica area.
Lawrence, among the highest-paid actresses in the business, lives in L.A.’s Beverly Crest. Two years ago, she paid $8.3 million for a home formerly owned by Jessica Simpson.